Friday, June 15, 2012

**WIP Announcement**

Hello Friends! Happy Friday to you!!

Today, I want to make a special announcement, one in which I'm pretty excited about. I had intentions of writing this blog post a couple of months back. But with a few major changes in my life, I had to put family first and keep things at WIP at status quo for a bit.

First up, I'm not going anywhere, and neither are the kits. I'm here, I WANT to bring you fun and creative things every month, and I still love doing them. I'm still doing crops locally, and of course, the Fall Retreat at the Bertram Inn (which is only 2 people away from being sold out for the 5th year in a row!) I am still available for teaching classes to groups, although I have cut back on that a bit this year. And the photography side of my business has grown in ways I never even imagined--leaving me incredibly humbled, excited, and sometimes overwhelmed. It's all good--every morsel of it.

One of the things that has always frustrated me about doing the kits is the business end of things. Truthfully, I've struggled with that the most these past 5 years. Trying to bring you the "latest and greatest", get it ordered and shipped (and sometimes begging and pleading to do so), and get it turned around to the DT and to YOU as quickly as possible takes some of the fun out of things. Many kit clubs, local and online stores and manufacturers have closed their doors during these past 5 years, and I've seen a lot of change. Digital and hybrid scrapping has grown in the industry and in my own style of documenting life. Project Life has had a major impact on our hobby, which has left many satisfied in streamlining their process (but has also left people like myself scrapping the older, traditional way, a lot less.) I've seen and felt the change--both personally and in the business.

So knowing this, I've struggled with how to adapt and change and still grow along with the times, rather than fight change.  And here's what I've decided...

I want more freedom.  Freedom to share a kit or idea with you that is availabe NOW, not on the 15th of every month.  The time constrains and the stress that has been weighing me down puts a serious cramp on the creative side of things, so I'm changing my ways.  How will that work?  Well, I'll tell you.  I'll tell you here, and on our Facebook page, and via email, just like always.  I promise, I'll keep you informed.  Pinky swear.  If I spend the weekend working on a cool garland, I don't want to wait to tell you about it for 3 weeks--I want to share it and make it available to you when it is available.  Freedom.

I don't want to sell you stuff unless I love it and show you what to do with it.  I want to use what I have, just like you do.  If it means using a paper line that is a year old, I want the liberty to still include it.  The constant need to have the latest and greatest has left many scrappers overloaded with product, myself included.  Don't get me wrong--I love new, fun things.  They will still make an appearance here and there.  I just want the ability to not be beholden to release dates, ship dates, UPS, and the theory that having that stuff will make your work of the heart better.  Freedom.

I want to invite people to join me, and keep things fresh.  Instead of a standard design team, I want to have guests join in with some of our older friends.  I want to be able to go in one direction one month, and do something totally different the next if a project takes me in that direction.  I want to hear from designers about what interestes THEM--not just send them a set kit and ask them to work within those confines.  (And if that sounds appealing to you in any way, please contact me because I'd love to work with you and feature you here at WIP!!!)  Freedom. 

Now, with that being said, I know change is hard for some.  I've had the best, most amazing and loyal customer base--and I'm truly grateful for YOUR inspiration.  Please, hang in there with me.  Stay tuned for what we have coming these next few months.  I promise, there is so much more to come!!

And on Tuesday, June 19th, you'll get a look at the July 2012 WIP Kit, along with a few other pleasant surprises.  Here's a sneak of some of it...

A breath of fresh air, just like SUMMER.  :)

Enjoy your weekend!!

10 comments:

Veronica said...

Sounds like fun Trish! Can't wait to see what you have planned. You know I will be around seeing what you will have in store for us until you don't want to do it anymore!

justem said...

Sounds like a great step for you! :)

Aphra Bolyer said...

Looking forward to seeing your new directions! I am always inspired by your blog, and am excited to see fun new things. :)

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Your kits are always look so fun, Trish! And I adore that you will include older lines in your future kits. I rarely have the latest and greatest of anything, but still have fun with it all!

pickmepam said...

good for you trish!

Cathy said...

I think your plan sounds great!! Good for you Trish :)

Melissa Czapor said...

Fabulous plan Trish!! I am so happy for you!! I can hear the "happy" in your typing!! I'm really excited to see what you put together!!! Hugs!!

Susan said...

Sounds cool! Love it!!

Melanie said...

Your FREEDOM sounds fantastic! I love it :) What a great way to run the company you love. It all sounds wonderful and I cannot wait to see how things unfold at WIP from this point on. You are incredibly talented and creative. I'm excited to see all of the projects and ideas you continue to put together and share!

Sandy Ang said...

that sounds wonderful. i know my own interest in products and how to use them change quickly so this approach is interesting and refreshing