Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Treat Bags

Oh, Cricut. How I love thee...
I like to create treat bags for my son's classrooms.  This year, I turned toward my tried and true Cricut.  I cut out these turkeys (about 4" tall) and assembled them, with the help of my older, crafty daughter.

Next, we applied red-line (strong adhesive) tape to one side of the mini clothes pins (purchased at Pat Catan's, a local craft store.)  We stuck one clothes pin onto the back of one turkey die cut, so the clothes pin would stick to the turkey well.

We filled up 4" treat bags with pretzel m&m's and candy corn, and taped them shut to secure the candy wouldn't spill out.
Then we used the pinching mechanism to "grab" the bag at the top.  So easy and FUN! 
Think of the possibilities here!  Pilgrim hats, cornstalks, cornucopia, you get the idea!

For more Thanksgiving ideas, including additional creative treat bags, check out my Pinterest board here.

Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

pickmepam said...

so cute!

Unknown said...

nice post. Now you can use this products directory to promote bulk bags import & export business.

Camille said...

Such a cute Turkey. I bet his class Gobbled them up. Love my Cricut too. Which cartridge is he on ???

Life and Knits said...

Fabulous!! Love these. They're really awesome.

Susie

PinkGranny said...

What is the cartridge you used? I am a Cricut beginner and don't know all of them yet.

Unknown said...

I believe the turkey is from Create a Critter 2 :)

Unknown said...

I Loved your idea so much that I made 48 Turkey Treat Bags for school snack. My 2 son's were tickled to share these with their friends.
We used bugels, fruit snacks, candy corn and m&ms in ours.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shoppa.in said...

Excellent post and very informative as well. Your knowledge appears very well on this topic and the way you have explained it, any new person can understand it easily. I would like you to keep writing like this and share your information with us. Thankyou
food grains manufacturers
Home Decorations Manufacturers
household items manufacturers

Baby Care Products Manufacturers
dairy products manufacturers