Thursday, July 28, 2011

Parity

I am here to admit that I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to do with the tags that were included in the July kit.  They were really adorable kraft die-cut tags with numbers so the first idea was to create a list of some sort.  I could
  • paint them using acrylic paint.
  • mist them and create some patterns on them.
  • decorate them with patterned papers and dress them up. 
  • outline the numbers and journal on them. 
  • cut tiny photos and place them in the space on the tag. 
I thought about
  • a top-ten list, or a top-nine list, heck a top-eight list, you get the idea. 
  • using them as some kind of school layout as in 123, ABC...  
  • stringing them together and create a banner. 
  • putting together in a straight line and create a border. 
  • punching out the numbers and forget the rest of the tags...
In the end, in the process of arranging and re-arranging and arranging again...  the title came to me, a cheerleading chant I learned in 8th grade before I knew what cheerleading was... "Two, Four, Six, Eight, Who Do We Appreciate?!"  Then I knew what I was going to do with the tags and what my title would be...

Now that you have seen how I arrived at my layout title, there are the other tags left waiting to be used: "Oddly enough," "The Odd Couple," "The Odds Are," "Against the Odds," "Defy the Odds!"

Lastly and very importantly... Long Live Mathematics!
  • Even = \{ 2k; \forall k \in \mathbb{Z} \}
  • Odd = \{ 2k+1; \forall k \in \mathbb{Z} \}

3 comments:

jamie said...

your even numbered tag layout is fabulous. now we wanna see what you do with the odds. {wink)
~j

Trish said...

I love the way your mind works, JJ! :)

Aubree said...

I love how you ended up using those tags.