Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Altered Wooden Spools

I've been inspired by wooden spools lately. I especially loved how crafters would make photo holders of them. Such a fun way to display your favorite photos & be able to change them out when you want. I took a different approach with mine & added tiny photos to the spools, like a film reel, for fun.

I wrapped each one with yummy October Afternoon papers, embellished with hearts, rub-ons & my favorite family photos (photog by Ali McLauglin). Super easy & nicely displayed on our fireplace.


Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day & enjoy the rest of your week filled with love :)

9 comments:

Trish said...

Seriously ADORABLE!!! Love this!

Unknown said...

adoarable idea.

Elizabeth said...

soo cute!

jamie said...

those are great! thanks for sharing your photo decor!

janet said...

What a wonderful idea! So cute!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

So cute!! Thanks for sharing :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

These are so clever! You are so crafty!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Cute, cute, cute! LOVE this idea. :)

Anonymous said...

That is adorable, I am going to have to try this for sure. Where did you find the wooden spools at?