Friday, December 17, 2010

December Gallery Faves

I thought it would be fun to take another look at the December gallery. I always notice different things every time I stroll through the gallery, and I always have fun choosing my favorites. Even though it's impossibly difficult to actually choose favorites, here's what I chose:

From Nancy's Gallery: I love the patterns Nancy combined and the clever use of the journaling cards, and how brilliant is the use of the chipboard frame tied with that pretty gray bow (not to mention that adorable baby face!):


From Laina's Gallery: I love, love, love the title on the banner and the bold black journaling framed by that chipboard piece and how Laina added the second chipboard piece, wrapping the journaling around it. And I adore the way she zig-zag stitched those strips together. And how awesome is that hand-stitched title? (And how irresistible is that cutie-pie face?):

 

From Cindy's Gallery: When I saw this trio of ornaments Cindy made, I thought how simple and how clever and how beautiful they look with these pretty papers! I love how Cindy added glitter to the edges:


From Jing-Jing's Gallery: I adore that loopy string border meandering around the page and how Jing-Jing inegrated the journaling cards into her design, serving also to educate her children about their excursion. And she found the perfect use for those chipboard postage stamps and the Jenni Bowlin stars that came in the kit:


From Jamie's Gallery:  First of all--the cheeks! So sweet and adorable and kissable! I love the polka dots and grid papers together here and the clever layering of the tags--and how Jamie used the one that said "I get a kick out of you!" to be the most perfect title for this page. And that scalloped vellum--just love that and I'm definitely going to borrow that idea soon, as I've got scads of vellum sitting dusty in my stash!


From Tina's Gallery: I just love how Tina used all those labels to frame those cutie-pie pictures! What a creative way to draw attention to her sweet photos! And I love how she added all those messages to the labels, making this the perfect Christmas page:


From my gallery: I wasn't going to pick a favorite from my gallery, but I just had to show off those lovely chipboard pieces that came in the kit and how fun they are to layer.


I hope you had fun peeking at the gallery again through my eyes. This was such an awesome kit to work with, and as you can see from all these layouts, so versatile! The kit's not yet sold out, so grab yours before it does because you will definitely regret it if you don't!

2 comments:

jamie said...

you picked my favorite of yours this month. love it!
thanks for sharing the details from these layouts today. fabulous.

Trish said...

Great post--I love your pics, Debbi!