Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Almond Crunch Bar

I made these delicious treats a few years back & haven't made them since. Now that I have started working on my grocery list for Christmas weekend, I am eager to get started on these treats. They are so yum! Thanks for a former co-workers mother for sharing the recipe with me & now I will share with all the wonderful crafty friends of WIP :)

Almond Butter Crunch

Toffee ingredients

1 2/3 cup of sugar

2 sticks of butter

3 tbls of water

1 tbls of light corn syrup

.....

1 cup of silvered toasted almonds

1 8oz of milk chocolate (I used 1 1/2 bags of chocolate instead)

1 bag of sliced toasted almonds

.....

Combine all the toffee ingredients, stirring occasionally until mixture reaches 300 degrees (you will need a candy thermometer for this).

Remove from heat and quickly stir in one cup of silvered toasted almonds (as I am stirring the toffee mixture, I actually toast the almonds in the oven, I couldn't find any already toasted).

Spread mixture thinly on a cookie sheet. allow to cool, then melt the milk/dark chocolate and spread onto the cooled toffee. (I recommend using a long spatula when spreading. I found it easier to spread than using your normal type of spatula).

Sprinkle on sliced toasted almonds (again, I toasted these in the oven while melting the milk/dark chocolate). Allow it to cool/harden.

Flip it, then spread last layer of chocolate and sprinkle w/ sliced toasted almonds.

Once it is all cool, break it up into mini chocolate pieces. I actually cut mine up with a sharp knife. these make for great party treats or to give away. Happy Baking :)



5 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

OMG do these look delish! I must try them!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Those look divine! And I think I just gained five pounds dreaming of them!

Manning said...

OMG do these look delish! I must try them!

Pabloxatg said...

OMG do these look delish! I must try them!

Heflinqfbn said...

OMG do these look delish! I must try them!