Friday, August 20, 2010

Who says


money doesn't grow on trees?

For Zach's 16th birthday my sister made him this adorable money tree. They cemented the branch into the coffee pot and wired the money onto each branch.
I loved the idea so much I decided to embellish it and make it for my daughter's boyfriends birthday.
I added quotes to the branches with sayings like;
"The mint made it first its up to you to make it last"
"The art is not in making money but keeping it"
"The best way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket"
and then of course added some 100 grand bars to the bottom, along with a few dollars that had already fallen from the branches.

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

What a fun idea!!! I will have to remember it for my soon-to-be teen's birthday!

Nancy Damiano said...

Cute idea! I love the 100 Grands at the bottom - great touch.

Laina Lamb said...

A-dorable! You always have the cutest ideas!

Trish said...

Totally cute, Tina! When Evan saw this, his eyes got big and asked if we could plant one of those--LOL!

Debbi Tehrani said...

So fun! That's a really neat idea!