Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer Reading

I saw this over at 2Peas in the Designing Garden as part of the Make Mine Mini series, and I LOVE the concept. This particular one is done by the amazingly talented Shimelle Laine, and the directions and pdf for creating your own summer reading log can be found here. Looks like my Friday evening crop time project, don't you think? She had me at, "Free Library Card Printable." I'm a sucker for those!

I'd also like to direct your attention to my dear friend, Jen Forbus' book blog. She is a local gal that I've known forever, and she started her book blog over a year ago. She has traveled all over and interviewed a lot of authors, so be sure to check out her blog and say hello.

What are you reading this summer? My nose is finally in The Time Traveler's Wife (thank you Colleen and Jen). I've had the book forever, and since it came so highly recommended by two friends who are total saps, I knew it would be one I'd savor...and I am. Can't wait to see the movie now (but my mental version is so good, I don't want that tainted, ya know?)

Have a great Thursday, all!!

4 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

Thanks Trish! I just love you!! And of course I love this project idea, too!

jamie said...

saw that book also at 2p's...it's adorable. they were talking it up a bit at WT, if I recall...thanks Trish for a great project reminder.

Laina Lamb said...

Time Travelers Wife is awesome!!! I was a book nut before I became a scrapbooking nut.

Ginny said...

I love Shimelle's project, I always love her work. I think I read to much for that, but I will defiantly take some ideas from it.

Love those library cards! Thanks, I probably would have missed that.