Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer's Fare

Hi…Jamie here! I am ready to celebrate summer and all that it has to offer. How about you? Vacation time. Evenings by the fire pit. Baseball games. Birthdays. Holidays. It’s a great time of year. As with all seasons, food is a big part too of the many activities we find ourselves involved in. Grilling becomes a way of life. Fresh veggies from the garden add to the freshness that is summer. There is more time to experiment with a new tangy sauce, or make homemade dressings. As I come across enticing combinations, I need a place to write down the menu and recipe. It’s not always enough to have a recipe; the other foods that make up a meal are just as important to that wonderful taste experience.

Enter, July’s WIP kit. With some of the freshest, most summery papers I have seen in a long time. Websters Pages are in the mix, with a line called Sweet As Cherry Pie. How cute is that? It caused me to be inspired, as well as motivated to put together a mini book that will give me a home just for my summer recipes, as well as the menu’s that make for the whole taste encounter.



The book is very simple. I loved the patterned with the retro housewife stirring up some baked goodness. It’s called Mom’s Ingredients. Isn’t that great? That was used to cover the front. I added the title ‘summer fare’ with the Doodlebug Design cardstock letter stickers to the front. The inside is covered with the Set the Table pattern. I cut out the ‘label’ from Mom’s Ingredients, and sort of used it as a title page just inside my book, and again used the sparkly letters to say “good eats”.

The inside pages are ledger pattern papers. I am simply handwriting the recipe, or the menu (the cranberry ice tea Trish shared with us from last week is included too). As I come across ideas and foods that work, I will be adding them to my book. If I find something online, I often copy the text over to my editing software, and just print it off and add to my book, just to simplify the process. Nothing goes into that book until it’s family loved and approved. I know next year when I come across this sweet little book, I will be so thrilled it is all in one place ready to be tried and enjoyed once again.



And, now for the rest of my layouts for July. Thanks for stopping in!







9 comments:

Laina Lamb said...

great work once again Jamie!

Jewel said...

Jamie, thanks for sharing your beautiful layouts! The recipe book it soooo cute. I like how your mixed with vintage with more modern paper.

Jewel said...

opps! sorry for the typos, would help if I proofed before pushing "send!"

Nathalie said...

Loved looking at your work!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, WONDERFUL projects once again. Not surprised--I always love your stuff!!

Trish

Ryzmomplus2 said...

love it Jamie! your handwriting is beautiful, and I love all the layouts!

Candace H said...

What a great idea and how adorable is your "summer fare" mini book! Love your layouts as always, my friend!

jamie said...

Thanks, ladies. This really is a wonderful kit. One of the best ever.

LisaNRoxy said...

Jamie - just lovely! I have the next five days off and plan on doing some serious damage to my July WIP kits!! Thansk for the inspiration