Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quickie Invitations

I picked up these pre-made painted wooden pieces at Michael's the other day with the intent to use them as birthday invitations. They turned out pretty cute!I printed out the "invitation" and then cut the puff of engine smoke free-hand. I doodled around the edges and attached the paper to the back of the wooden piece with red-line tape. I folded it for it to fit into the envelopes...
And the other one I used was simple too. I tied string on the back of an airplane to simulate a banner. I simply printed out the party info on a sheet of ledger paper and cut them into strips. Super easy, quick and inexpensive too! The wooden pieces were a quarter each...
If you have any fun invitation ideas, please send them my way! I'd love to share them...

For you local folks, a couple of announcements...

I'm having ANOTHER GARAGE SALE on Thursday, July 31st!! I know you wanted to be notified via the blog, so here is your notice! I'm only doing one day from 8-3, so stop by if you get the chance! And yes, there will be a couple of other garage sales going on that day on my street as well...

Scrap for the Cure II will be held on August 16, 2008 from 9:00 am-9:00 pm at The Nordson Depot in Amherst, Ohio. Cost is $30 and will include lunch, dinner, snacks, beverages, door prizes and a raffle plus 6 ft. of scrapping space for each participant. Contact Laura Manning 440-336-2307, sunnygirl0925@gmail.com for tickets or more information.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Great invitations! You are so creative!

Colleen said...

those are so cute!! i love the little plane. genius!

Laina Lamb said...

what a great idea! amazing.

bummed i have to work and can't come to your sale. i'm sure some of your junk could find a home in my mine.