Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Teacher Appreciation

This one is an oldie, but a goodie...As a former teacher myself, I can tell you that gift cards are the way to go. Now, the packaging is where I like to enhance the gift a bit. This altered paint can is from 3 years ago when I made it for my daughter's teacher, and it was a big hit. The embellies are from Karen Foster. I know these are older, but she came out with new school papers and embellies this year as well...
The inside of the can contained this little mini fold out. I used office supplies to enhance it. This is one of my former publications, and the teacher we gave it to was and is pretty special. When it was finished, we gave it to her with photos of my daughter, her and the other students from that year along with the gift card.
Thought this was a cute idea too. The over sized tile contains a vinyl enhancement from Uppercase Living. Cute little decorative item for someone...
One of the local candy shops here (Suzin L Chocolatier) makes the most delish spring colored malted milk balls. They fit perfectly into the little felt pails from Target's dollar spot! The gift card tucks into the side of the pail easily.
If you have any teacher appreciation suggestions, please feel free to email them to Turay413@gmail.com and I'll be sure to post them!

Enjoy your "hump" day!

3 comments:

borcherding said...

Could those teacher gifts BE any cuter???!!! Love 'em!! :-)

Ady said...

Those pails are great...

jamie said...

i want to be one of your teachers! those pails adorable...not to mention the lovely malted balls...how great is that?