Saturday, April 26, 2008

Flowers.

My house has been filled with these all week. Beautiful, amazing and handmade. Every single one. Hundreds and hundreds--no kidding. The various shades of pink and orange are even more beautiful in person. Here they are on the kitchen counter and island...Aren't they something? Thank God for crafty friends who share. Margaret and Jen are amazing, and I really can't express my gratitude. These were used for a big event at the Art Museum last week, and they were kind enough to lend these to me for my daughter's party this weekend. The concept came directly from the one and only--Martha. The original tissue paper kit was purchased, and they took that concept and ran with it. You can't really tell in the photos, but the larger flowers are a foot in diameter.
And they're filling my dining room too...

They took heavy glass vases and wrapped them in vellum. And the coolest trick--they purchased the battery powered tea lights and put them in the vases, so they all shimmer and glow!! Totally breathtaking...

You gals rock. Thank you, thank you!

And since we're on the topic, check this out for a cute flower tutorial too. She does really crafty and creative things with flowers...

Have a super weekend!

11 comments:

Valerie said...

beautiful! Working on mine right now, as we speak!

pickmepam said...

adorable trish! i love this. we are having a bridal shower next month, and i will definately get moving on making these. you are so inspiring!

Meg said...

Those turned out so nice!

Casey Lu said...

I did those fantastic flowers and the large ones for my sister-in-law's baby shower I hosted last year. They are such pretty shades and look so very pretty all over a room. That is definitely way more of what I did. I hope your daughter has a wonderful party!!!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Wow, these flowers are amazing! Gorgeous!!!

Guess what? I got to see Bon Jovi last night!!! I'm so excited I cannot contain myself. LOL!!!

Damaris said...

Can't wait to see and hear how it all turns out!!!! Talk to you Monday!!!
HUGS

Jana Eubank said...

Breathtaking!

jamie said...

hey trish,
did your friends get a martha stewart kit to get started? those flowers look different than the one she shows on the michaels site. i want to make the one's in the picture...just need some direction.
thanks for sharing.
jamie

Gina said...

OK - I am just floored! Those are handmade?!!!! You and your creative GFs never cease to amaze and inspire us WIPsters! Fabulous stuff as always, Trish. :)

Kaye said...

The flowers are amazing!

Janet said...

They are soooo pretty! I honestly thought they were real!