Thursday, November 29, 2007

Some favorite things from today...

Ribbon candy in a jar makes me smile around the holidays. And when a piece breaks, someone is required to eat it. Follow the rules. You can find it in tons of places--I got mine at Michael's!Planting amaryllis bulbs makes me happy. While they don't look like much now, they will in a few weeks! I'll send a photo update when they bloom. I also love how fast they grow--the kids and I love to track their progress daily.
I found these babies today and I squealed with delight! Yes! Perfect for those mint cookies I posted on last week, and no unwrapping all the mints! Simply add to the top of those cookies and poof--love these!
Thanks to Tina and her blog, I visited Starbucks today to get that advent calendar I wanted since last year (they actually sold out last year!). This year, I got one, and can't wait to alter it!

And while I was there, I picked up a yummy hot cocoa and these:
Not only are they cute, but they are also really delish as well! I'm sending some off to my daughter's teacher tomorrow!

And I'd thought I'd share some of my carolers. I put them out on my dining room table this year, after not bringing them out the last 2 years. I like rotating stuff every year, depending on my mood. I missed them. Yes, they're all handmade by a local gal. My whole family now collects them. They make me happy.
And here is photo of a few more gumdrop trees. I have 6 more finished now! Again--enlist someone to help you out and they will be finished in no time.

And for those of you who have emailed about the snowmen on Tina's blog (or left a comment on Tina's blog) I'll post pictures and how-to instructions early next week, I promise! They are a bit time-consuming, but really worth the effort for special someones in your lives...

Have a great Friday!

6 comments:

Rita said...

I just love those carolers. Does your local gal ship them out of state??? I'd love to order some of them for my mantle!

Molly said...

Oh, you are so lucky to have picked that up from Starbucks! OUr Starbucks out here don't have them and I am so so so upset about that! I so wanted to get one for the kids, poo!
And hello! That recipe, so trying it, bought everything for it and can't wait (Janelle said they were so yummy!!). :D

Nicole Eshelman said...

Oh, more yummies! I get a sweet tooth just looking at this blog...lol!

Sarah Coggins said...

I'm officially hungry now! What delicious looking goodies. Now I might have to work Starbucks into my afternoon activities. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ohh I totally just had one of those cookies the other day! Man I love starbucks!

Ady said...

Oh my Trish... So many projects so little time.. Your cookies are beautiful. Love them so much... I started my own holiday traditions. Check them out on my blog.. BTW, I made some great layouts with the Nov kit. They'll be on SIS soon...