Saturday, October 27, 2007

Halloween Cookies & Random Stuff...

I saw this idea in a magazine and made them yesterday. They're simple sugar cookies that I tinted orange, and then I dunked the tips in white and milk chocolate to make them look like candy corn. Easy--and the kids helped...
Marlene wanted to know how I stored my mini books. (Some of them in there aren't so "mini"). I got this idea off Ali's blog, and it is now on my sofa table. I can't tell you how often people look through them when they're out in the open. I love that.
And Lisa wanted to know what the garland was hanging on. This gem was bought at Target a while back, but I believe they still carry them. The bottom lifts up (and I hide Christmas gifts there year round!). It is in our foyer, and this view is from my scrapbook room...

And last but not least, here is Diane's recipe that we spoke of last week at the crop. I have no photos yet, but trust me, this is surely going in my "tried & true" book...

Cake Mix Cookies

1 Package Cake Mix (Spice, Pumpkin & Lemon are our favs)
8oz. Cool Whip
1 egg

Mix together. Batter will be sticky. Take a spoonful and coat in a bowl of powdered sugar, and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. These are DELISH! Thanks, Diane!

Enjoy your Saturday!

7 comments:

Celebrate Today said...

Fantasic pics, Trish. But, NOW you have to show the scrap room! My curiosity is peaked! Would love to see more pics of your home, it looks beautiful! TFS!!

Julie

Valerie said...

YES! Show the Scrapbook Room!:)

Trish said...

Val--

I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

hee hee hee...:)

Anonymous said...

Martha, just how do you find the time!

Show the room... show the room... show the room...

Nicole Eshelman said...

Alright, show the darn room already...lol!!!

and that's it, you are so much more than Martha. :)

Smmoches!

Valerie said...

Uummmmm....okay, don't show that room.

Will said...

Those cookies are to die for! So cute! I absolutely must try the dinner in a pumpkin...I've been thinking about it for the last couple of years and your pics make it look sooooo good. Love your Halloween decor!